Friday, October 2, 2009

KUDOS to Glamour!!!!

Ok so I will admit I have an addiction...Its to magazines. I love them, I love reading about face products, styling products , what in whats out in fashion, whats the latest exercise craze. I love it love it love it... You may even find me with paper cuts on my wrist from rubbing the perfume samples on myself. : )You know how some women love it when their husbands bring them flowers I would love it more if I was to get a magazine. (now I'm not crazy I love flowers too...Oh just the thought of red gerber daisies makes me giddy) I don't have to many I get delivered to my house only Shape, Marie Claire, Weight Watchers, and Glamour. I only pay for these because I have this problem that when little kids come to my door selling magazines I can't say NO. Others I read on my night out. I try to take a "me" night once a week and it often includes a Starbucks latte and a mag. at Barnes and Nobles. I think they probably cringe everytime they see me come in and say to themselves, there is that lady who reads all our magazines and never buys one. Ok so to my point about why I'm saying Kudos (sp?) to Glamour. (Oh and by the way I also cut out any bad words about "sex" on the cover so when they are sitting around my house my kids don't see it.)

Last month Glamour ran a picture about a PLUS SIZE MODEL....Did you know I could be a PLUS SIZE MODEL because that means your a size 10 or 12. In modeling if you are a 6 or above you are often moved up to plus sized modeling. But we call plus size clothing anything size 14 and up. It makes no sense. I think a 10 or 12 is average not plus size. But I guess when your comparing them to the average model who is a size 0 it is plus size. Well they ran a picture of a 21 yr old named Lizzie Miller who is a size 12-14. She is beautiful, she has a little tummy pooch and everything. They also state that this size is the average American Womens size, and the size of Marilyn Monroe and Liz Taylor back in the day when they were all that. All this to say the feedback that Glamour has recieved is amazing. Men writing in to say Thank you for putting women in that have curves and real bodies, and women saying thank you for putting women in that they can actually realte to as far as body types. So Glamour this month has put a photo in with 7 plus size models or sz 10-14 and all are beautiful, and stated that they are going to start putting a lot more normal size women in their issues so that women start feeling and seeing more of the norm. The 7 models they have in the picture have been models before at a smaller size and didn't have healthy lives because they were trying to be skinnier than what was healthy for them. They state that being skinny is not bad, but when your a larger boned woman don't try to make your self a size 0 or 2 be the healthiest you can be in your own body and if that means your a size 10 and not a 6 be ok with it. Embrace what God gave you and love yourself.

I know what size I am has been an issue since I was younger but Im glad I am at a place where I am glad and thankful for the body God gave me. I strive to be healthy and live a healthy lifestyle, and am so thankful that I have children even though carrying babies caused my body to have some imperfections.....I love every last imperfection...well most of the time.

1 comment:

Kim said...

I am with you I love magazines! I am glad to hear that they are putting normal sized women in Glamor! Happy reading.